Henry Mason and Anne Whitlock
Revision Date: 25 October 2011
Generation No. 1
1. HENRY1 MASON was born Abt. 1794, and died 1821. He married ANN WHITLOCK November 08, 1813 in Hound, Near Netley, Southampton, daughter of JAMES WHITLOCK and ANN NOBLE. She was born January 07, 1787.
Notes for HENRY MASON:
1. Henry Mason's birth date is just a guesstimate based on the date of his wedding.
2. Henry Mason was described as a Labourer. this information comes from Penny Rudkin, Special Collection Library, via Joyce Head
More about HENRY MASON:
Burial: December 02, 1821, Exton
Notes for ANN WHITLOCK:
My Great x2 G/mother was Jane WHITLOCK, b1804 in Durley, Hampshire and
sister of Ann WHITLOCK of whom you are aware (I have had a look at your
web site). Are you aware that Ann & Jane's direct line can be traced back four
generations to John WHITLOCK & Sarah of Farley in Wiltshire ?
More about HENRY MASON and ANN WHITLOCK:
Marriage: November 08, 1813, Hound, Near Netley, Southampton
Children of HENRY MASON and ANN WHITLOCK are:
i. MARY2 MASON, b. March 05, 1815.
2. ii. GEORGE MASON, b. September 14, 1817, Hound/Wetley, Hampshire, England; d. June 28, 1869, Droxford Union Workhouse, England.
Generation No. 2
2. GEORGE2 MASON (HENRY1) (Source: Hampshire, England Genealogical Society, Page 1, This researcher worked with Ms. Sara Hallams via the Internet. She was able to confirm certain dates & towns where George Mason & Mary Lane were born.) was born September 14, 1817 in Hound/Wetley, Hampshire, England (Source: Edna Joyce Head, Tree dated 7 Sept. 1999.), and died June 28, 1869 in Droxford Union Workhouse, England. He married MARY LANE August 29, 1841 in Meonstoke Church, Meonstoke, Hampshire, England, daughter of JOHN LANE. She was born January 20, 1821 in Cranbrook, Kent, Hampshire, England (Source: Edna Joyce Head.), and died Abt. 1899 in Croydon, St. John the Baptist, England.
Notes for GEORGE MASON:
1. George was described as a Laborer in the marriage notes of his son, Harry Mason and his daughter-in-law Rosa Purnell.
2. George was reputedly a very tall man, fair-haired in his youth. He worked as an agricultural labourer and shepard (source, Joyce Head)
More about GEORGE MASON:
Burial: Exton, England
More about MARY LANE:
Baptism: January 20, 1822, Orpington
More about GEORGE MASON and MARY LANE:
Marriage: August 29, 1841, Meonstoke Church, Meonstoke, Hampshire, England
Children of GEORGE MASON and MARY LANE are:
i. GEORGE3 MASON, b. Abt. 1847, West Dean, Sussex, England; d. Abt. 1852.
ii. MARY MASON, b. Abt. 1848; m. JAMES AYLING, November 07, 1880; b. May 02, 1841, Meonstoke, Hampshire, England.
More about MARY MASON:
Baptism: February 04, 1849, Meonstoke, Hampshire, England
Notes for JAMES AYLING:
James Ayling was born in Meonstoke, in the civil parish of Bishops Waltham and the Ecclesiastical parish of St. Peter. The birth was registered in Droxford.
More about JAMES AYLING and MARY MASON:
Marriage: November 07, 1880
iii. JANE MASON, b. Abt. 1851.
More about JANE MASON:
Baptism: March 09, 1851
3. iv. MARTHA MASON, b. February 26, 1853, Meonstoke, England; d. May 22, 1918.
4. v. WILLIAM MASON, b. Abt. 1855.
vi. JOHN MASON, b. August 13, 1856, Meonstoke, England; d. August 16, 1856, Meonstoke, England.
More about JOHN MASON:
Baptism: August 15, 1856, Baptized at home
5. vii. SARAH MASON, b. February 14, 1858, Sunday in Meonstoke, England; d. October 25, 1909, Monday in Carlstadt, NJ, USA.
6. viii. HENRY MASON, b. April 04, 1860.
7. ix. FREDERICK MASON, b. February 14, 1866, Soberton, Hampshire, England.
Generation No. 3
3. MARTHA3 MASON (GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born February 26, 1853 in Meonstoke, England, and died May 22, 1918. She married THOMAS WILLIAM OLIVER July 21, 1888 in London, England. He was born Abt. 1847, and died May 22, 1910.
More about MARTHA MASON:
Baptism: June 12, 1853, Meonstoke, Hampshire, England
More about THOMAS OLIVER and MARTHA MASON:
Marriage: July 21, 1888, London, England
Children of MARTHA MASON and THOMAS OLIVER are:
8. i. LEWIS GEORGE4 MASON, b. October 03, 1871, Droxford Workhouse; d. February 05, 1953.
9. ii. BRIDGET MARY MASON, b. 1877.
iii. ADA OLIVER, b. December 15, 1880; d. 1881, Croydon.
10. iv. MARTHA LOUISA OLIVER, b. March 18, 1882, Croydon, London, England; d. April 24, 1983, Upton Snodsbury, Worcestershire , England.
11. v. WILLIAM THOMAS OLIVER, b. Abt. 1884.
vi. ROSE OLIVER, b. Abt. 1886; d. Abt. 1930; m. JOCK MILLWARD.
vii. ALBERT OLIVER, b. Abt. 1888.
viii. HARRY OLIVER, b. Abt. 1888, Q1-1888; d. Abt. 1888, Q4-1888.
ix. DAISY OLIVER, b. Abt. 1891.
x. SYDNEY OLIVER, b. Abt. 1893.
4. WILLIAM3 MASON (GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born Abt. 1855. He married EMMA. She was born 1854.
Notes for WILLIAM MASON:
Known as the Poet. (Source, Joyce Head)
More about WILLIAM MASON:
Baptism: January 14, 1855, Meonstoke, England
Children of WILLIAM MASON and EMMA are:
i. FLORENCE G4 MASON, b. 1882.
ii. JOHN W MASON, b. 1884.
iii. CLARA M MASON, b. 1887.
iv. GERTRUDE F MASON, b. 1890.
5. SARAH3 MASON (GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born February 14, 1858 in Sunday in Meonstoke, England, and died October 25, 1909 in Monday in Carlstadt, NJ, USA. She married HENRY JOHN MASON I January 09, 1881 in 10 Anglers Terrace, Camberwell London, England, son of JOHN MASON and ANN BREWER. He was born August 25, 1859 in Lewisham Village, Kent, England, and died Abt. 1938 in Camberwell, London, England.
Notes for SARAH MASON:
1. NOTE: The story/article was taken from an English newspaper (no name or date) that Horace W. Mason brought home to the "Colonies" after visiting with Joyce Head during the 1970's
How Meonstoke Got Its Name
"Ever wondered how a village gets its name? Meonstoke, the picturesque hamlet near Droxford, for instance?
Meonstoke ... funny name that. So allow us to explain how it came into being. Delve into history and you will discover that Meonstoke was one of the principal villages of the Jutish Meonwarra tribe. Who? They came from Denmark to settle on the east bank of the river Meon in about the ninth century. It had to be the east bank, land on the west bank still belonged to the Saxons.
More information about the origins of Meonstoke can be found in the village church of St. Andrew's standing by the river. It is thought that there has been a church on this site for over 1,000 years. The present church building dates from 1230 AD. At one time there was a rival Saxon church at Corhampton, the adjacent village and stood 100 yards across the river."
2. Sarah (nee Mason) Mason apparently came to the USA through Castle Clinton (Garden), NY in 1888. Research tells the writer that Ellis Island did not open until 1892. As of this writing, 29 April, 2003, the researcher has not been able to confirm that information.
More about SARAH MASON:
Baptism: February 14, 1858, Meonstoke, Hampshire
Burial: 1909, Berry Lawn/Charlestown Cemetery, Carlstadt, NJ
Notes for HENRY JOHN MASON I:
1. Henry John Mason (I) - born 25th August 1858 - records obtained from England 13th September 2004.
2. The researcher has been told that Henry John Mason I (Grandpa Mason's father) was called "Fred" by his relatives. That bit of information was supplied by Joyce Head of the UK.
3. According to Henry John Mason (II) (Grandpa Mason) birth certificate, Henry John Mason I's occupation was a "Printer Compositor" Ref. Certified copy of Henry John Mason's (II) certificate of birth # PAS 218421/94.
4. From documents supplied by Helen Audrey (nee Mason) Gibson, Sarah (nee Mason) Mason and her son Henry John Mason II resided at 1330 Second Ave., NYC, NY when they first arrived in this country.
5. Ref. Info. for the name of John Henry Mason's wife Ann (Brewer) is from Joyce Head's niece Pauline and is: RG110681 Folio 86 Page 26
6. Apparently John Henry Mason (Henry John Mason II's grandfather) died prior to/or in 1881, because he was not present during the 1881 census. This has not been confirmed as of 10 August 2001, but the details below seem to confirm this fact.
7. The details of the 1881 census are as follows:
Address: 10 Anglers Terrace, Camberwell, Surrey
Head: George Croft, Widower, 66 Fishmonger, Born Newington Lo (Lodger?)
Husband: Henry John Mason (I), married, 22, compositor, born Lewisham, Kent
Wife: Sarah (nee Mason) Mason, married, 22, no occupation, born Hants
Mother: Ann Mason, (Mother of Henry John II) Widow, 57, no occupation, born Brixton, Surrey
More about HENRY JOHN MASON I:
Residence: 81 Wells Street, Camberwell
More about HENRY MASON and SARAH MASON:
Marriage: January 09, 1881, 10 Anglers Terrace, Camberwell London, England
Child of SARAH MASON and HENRY MASON is:
12. i. HENRY JOHN4 MASON II, b. December 31, 1881, Saturday @ 81 Wells St., Camberwell, sub-district of St.George, Surrey, England/Wells, England; d. May 24, 1959, Sunday @ St. Mary's Hospital, Passaic,Passic County, NJ.
6. HENRY3 MASON (GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born April 04, 1860. He married ROSA PURNELL March 03, 1883 in Meonstoke Church, Meonstoke, England, daughter of RICHARD PURNELL. She was born November 13, 1859 in Meonstoke, England.
More about HENRY MASON:
Baptism: August 08, 1860, Meonstoke, England
Notes for ROSA PURNELL:
Harry & Rosa were married by the Curate George Yeomans and the marriage was witnessed by William Searle & Jane Smith (source, Joyce Head)
More about ROSA PURNELL:
Residence: 1901, Per 1901 Census, living at 172 High Street, Eastleigh Hampshire
More about HENRY MASON and ROSA PURNELL:
Marriage: March 03, 1883, Meonstoke Church, Meonstoke, England
Children of HENRY MASON and ROSA PURNELL are:
i. HENRY4 MASON, b. September 09, 1882; d. April 24, 1917, WWI in the Balkans; m. EDITH MAY FORD; b. October 12, 1883, Easterton, Wiltshire.
Notes for HENRY MASON:
Enlisted in the Army in Southampton as Private 26580, 12th (service) Battalion Hampshire Regiment. Killed in action in the Balkans, (source, Trevor James Venn)
More about HENRY MASON:
ii. WILLIAM MASON, b. July 12, 1896.
iii. ALBERT MASON, b. January 20, 1889.
7. FREDERICK3 MASON (GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born February 14, 1866 in Soberton, Hampshire, England. He married CHARITY J SAUNDERS, daughter of DAD SAUNDERS and MOM. She was born 1868.
More about FREDERICK MASON:
Baptism: February 17, 1866, Soberton, England (Source: Edna Joyce Head.)
Child of FREDERICK MASON and CHARITY SAUNDERS is:
i. CISSIE M4 MASON, b. 1890.
Generation No. 4
8. LEWIS GEORGE4 MASON (MARTHA3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born October 03, 1871 in Droxford Workhouse, and died February 05, 1953. He married LOUISE STREETER October 20, 1894 in Croydon, London, England. She was born September 04, 1872, and died December 22, 1946.
Notes for LEWIS GEORGE MASON:
1. 08/30/2001, Information from Barry Oliver (UK) indicates that, "we are almost certain that Thomas William was not the father of either Lewis or Bridget. The first child to be registered as OLIVER was Ada in 1880. We also cannot understand why Thomas & Martha did Not get married until 1888. There was possibly a 'first wife of Thomas somewhere" (source, Joyce Head)
2. Lewis George Mason was an illegitimate son. Martha's husband THOMAS WILLIAM OLIVER accepted the child and brough him up as his own. Lewis changed his name to GEORGE OLIVER by deed poll before his marriage(source, Joyce Head).
More about LEWIS MASON and LOUISE STREETER:
Marriage: October 20, 1894, Croydon, London, England
Children of LEWIS MASON and LOUISE STREETER are:
i. ALICE5 OLIVER, b. December 22, 1894; d. June 29, 1976, Colchester; m. HENRY SHAPER, 1921.
More about HENRY SHAPER and ALICE OLIVER:
ii. HARRY OLIVER, b. April 24, 1896; d. September 27, 1953, Battersea; m. GLADYS MARY RUSSELL.
iii. ETHEL OLIVER, b. December 04, 1900; m. LESLIE PARIS, December 26, 1925.
More about LESLIE PARIS and ETHEL OLIVER:
Marriage: December 26, 1925
iv. GEORGE OLIVER, b. October 21, 1903; d. November 27, 1990, Caterham; m. (1) GLADYS EDWORTHY, August 20, 1927; m. (2) MARJORIE CLAYDON, September 22, 1945.
More about GEORGE OLIVER and GLADYS EDWORTHY:
Marriage: August 20, 1927
More about GEORGE OLIVER and MARJORIE CLAYDON:
Marriage: September 22, 1945
v. ALBERT EDWARD OLIVER, b. May 26, 1906; d. November 22, 1980, Caterham; m. BEATRICE ADA WILLIAMS, August 03, 1931.
More about ALBERT OLIVER and BEATRICE WILLIAMS:
Marriage: August 03, 1931
vi. GERTRUDE FLORENCE OLIVER, b. September 22, 1908; d. March 14, 1933.
vii. DORIS LILIAN OLIVER, b. October 18, 1910; d. September 1997; m. THOMAS WILLIAM WHEELER, November 1936.
More about THOMAS WHEELER and DORIS OLIVER:
Marriage: November 1936
13. viii. JOHN WILLIAM OLIVER, b. August 08, 1912; d. March 27, 1968.
9. BRIDGET MARY4 MASON (MARTHA3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born 1877. She married (1) THOMAS BUTTLE. She married (2) FREDRICK HALL.
Notes for BRIDGET MARY MASON:
08/30/2001, Information from Barry Oliver (UK) indicates that, "we are almost certain that Thomas William was not the father of either Lewis or Bridget. The first child to be registered as OLIVER was Ada in 1880. We also cannot understand why Thomas & Martha did not get married until 1888. There was possibly a 'first wife of Thomas somewhere" (source, Joyce Head).
Child of BRIDGET MASON and THOMAS BUTTLE is:
i. GEORGE5 BUTTLE.
10. MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER (MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born March 18, 1882 in Croydon, London, England, and died April 24, 1983 in Upton Snodsbury, Worcestershire , England. She married (1) CHRISTOPHER EDMUND RICH December 21, 1901 in Croydon, London, England. He was born Abt. 1881, and died December 30, 1917 in "The Great War" (WW I). She married (2) EDWARD JOHN GROSVENOR December 20, 1919 in Malvern, Worcestershire, England. He was born Abt. 1872 in Finstall, Worcestershire, England, and died Abt. 1947 in Finstall, Worcestershire, England.
Notes for MARTHA LOUISA OLIVER:
More about MARTHA LOUISA OLIVER:
Notes for CHRISTOPHER EDMUND RICH:
Charlie died in the Great War (WW I) at age 36. His name is on the Chatby Memorial, Egypt and can be accessed via the Internet. See Commonwealth War Graves Commission, http://www.createservicedetails/openagent143903
More about CHRISTOPHER RICH and MARTHA OLIVER:
Marriage: December 21, 1901, Croydon, London, England
More about EDWARD GROSVENOR and MARTHA OLIVER:
Marriage: December 20, 1919, Malvern, Worcestershire, England
Children of MARTHA OLIVER and CHRISTOPHER RICH are:
i. DAISY TERESA5 RICH, b. July 07, 1903; d. 1955.
ii. AUTHUR EDMUND RICH, b. October 20, 1904; d. December 10, 1987.
iii. MARJORIE FLORENCE RICH, b. February 12, 1906; d. February 21, 1996; m. (1) PHILIP KINSEY; m. (2) FREDERICK WHITEHOUSE.
14. iv. WINIFRED GRACE RICH, b. October 01, 1907, Croydon, England; d. August 14, 1995, Worchester, England.
15. v. THOMAS CHARLES RICH, b. March 03, 1909; d. June 11, 1984.
16. vi. ELSIE MAY RICH, b. June 13, 1911; d. November 01, 1997.
17. vii. GEORGE HORACE RICH, b. July 07, 1913.
18. viii. KATHLEEN ANNE RICH, b. August 16, 1914; d. March 30, 1993.
Children of MARTHA OLIVER and EDWARD GROSVENOR are:
ix. WILLIAM EDWARD JOHN5 GROSVENOR, b. July 27, 1920; d. June 26, 1935.
x. JOAN BETTY GROSVENOR, b. February 21, 1922; d. March 21, 1922.
19. xi. EDNA JOYCE GROSVENOR, b. August 03, 1926.
11. WILLIAM THOMAS4 OLIVER (MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born Abt. 1884. He married LILIAN.
Child of WILLIAM OLIVER and LILIAN is:
i. FAY (FAITH)5 OLIVER, b. Abt. 1927, Adopted daughter-no other info. at this time.
Notes for FAY (FAITH) OLIVER:
12. HENRY JOHN4 MASON II (SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born December 31, 1881 in Saturday @ 81 Wells St., Camberwell, sub-district of St.George, Surrey, England/Wells, England, and died May 24, 1959 in Sunday @ St. Mary's Hospital, Passaic,Passic County, NJ. He married KATHERINE ELIZABETH YEAGER September 09, 1906 in Family Home in Ulster Heights, Ulster County, NY, daughter of GOTTFRIED YEAGER and DELIA MURPHY. She was born December 05, 1885 in Saturday in Wawarsing, Ulster Heights, Ulster County, NY, and died December 04, 1973 in Tuesday in Allendale, NJ.
Notes for HENRY JOHN MASON II:
1. A certified copy of Henry John's Certificate of Birth reflects the following information: 1. Born: 31st December, 1881, at 81 Wells Street
2. Name: Henry John (II)
3. Sex: Boy
4. Father's Name: John Henry Mason (I)
5. Mothers Name: Sarah Mason, formerly Mason
6. Occupation Of Father: Printer Compositor
7. Residence: 81 Wells Street, Camberwell
8. Registered: 3rd February 1882
9. Registrar: William John Macartney
2. Soundex # for Henry J. is " M-250 "
3. After much research by a Mason cousin (Barry Oliver) in England it has been determined that Henry J MASON II came to America at age 5 years on July 12th 1887 with his Mother (Sarah) and a fellow traveler. To some in the family this person has been known as "The Lodger". On the manifest of the S.S. Spain that traveler is identified as H. J. Mason, age 28, Laborer. It is the belief of Barry Oliver, Joyce Head and Jonathan Mason this person assumed the ID of the Father (H.J. Mason I) since passports were not required at that time in history.
This information does conflict by being one day later than the date noted on H. J. Mason's 1903 naturalization application. I believe we can attribute this to the memories of both Henry J and his Mother Sarah.
4. The following information has been documented with copies of the apropriate papers;
A. Henry J's parents were married on 01/09/1881
B. A copy of Henry J's naturalization papers dated 09/2/1903. Records tell us that his petition was files on 06/16/1903, He was sworn as a citizen on 07/01/1903 and his formal date of naturalization was 09/02/1903.
C. A copy of Henry J's Social Security Application dated 12/1/1936
5. According to copies of documents ( sent to me by Helen Audrey (nee Mason) Gibson, Henry John Mason II (Harry) was granted a City of New York work permit # 8172, Circa 1898. Also, Sarah and Henry J. Mason resided at 1330 2nd Avenue, NYC. In 1903 Henry J's naturalization papers tell us that he and Sarah lived at 1036 Stebbins Avenue in the Bronx, NY
6. 50th Anniversary for Henry Masons
"Mr. & Mrs. Henry John Mason of 72 Campbell Ave., Belleville, NJ were guests of honor yesterday at a surprise party in celebration of their 50th wedding anniversary. Family and friends attended the fete at the Villa Lafayette, Spring Valley, NY, following a Mass offered in St. Mary's RC Church, Nutley, NJ.
The Masons have lived in Belleville since 1910. They were married in the home of the bride, the former Katherine Elizabeth Yeager, at Ulster Heights, NY. Formerly, Mr. Mason was very active in Belleville municipal politics. During the early 1930's he was President of the Board of Recreation, a volunteer Position. This was before the start of the commission form of government. After WW II Mr. Mason was often visited by the younger aspiring politicians who consulted with him as the elder politician. Mr. Mason still commutes daily to New York where he is Vice President of Brown, Harris & Stevens, Inc., a real estate and insurance firm.
The couple have six children, Horace W. of Saddle River, Fredrick Hunter of Sayeville, L.I., Mrs John Donald Gibson of Packanack Lake, Mrs. Margaret Ford of Newark, Harry and Katherine at home. There are nine grandchildren".
More about HENRY JOHN MASON II:
Immigration: July 12, 1887, Castle Garden, New York
Naturalization: Abt. 1902, Naturalized Citizen(per SSDI Application form)
Notes for KATHERINE ELIZABETH YEAGER:
1. Look for and at the Federal Census Records June 1, 1900
2. Mrs. Henry J. Mason
Belleville, New Jersey
Obituary of Katherine Yeager Mason
From the Bergen Record
"Katherine Yeager Mason, 88, of 174 Floyd St., Belleville, NJ, died Tuesday in the Wiersma Nursing Home, Allendale, NJ, after a long illness.
Mrs. Mason was a 55 year area resident. She was born Dec. 5, 1885 in Ulster Heights, Ulster County, NY, to Frederick and Bridget Yeager. She was married to the late Henry J. Mason.
Surviving are two sons, Horace W. of Saddle River, NJ and Frederick H. of Belvezet, France, three daughters, Mrs. Maragret Ford of East Orange, NJ, Mrs. Donald Gibson of Packanack Lake, NJ and Mrs. Eduardo Ritter of Bogota Columbia; 13 grandchildren and 16 great-grand children.
Services will be held at 9:30 A.M. Friday (December 7, 1973) in St. Mary's RC Church Nutley, NJ. Burial will be in the Immaculate Conception Cemetery Upper Montclair, NJ. Friends may call from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 tonight at the Stanton Funeral home, 661 Franklin Ave. Nutley, NJ".
More about KATHERINE ELIZABETH YEAGER:
Fact 4: January 17, 1886, Baptized @ St. Andrews Church, Ellenville, NY
Marriage Notes for HENRY MASON and KATHERINE YEAGER:
Certificate of Birth (delayed registration) # D130691. Dist No. 5568. Dated March 30, 1953
More about HENRY MASON and KATHERINE YEAGER:
Marriage: September 09, 1906, Family Home in Ulster Heights, Ulster County, NY
Children of HENRY MASON and KATHERINE YEAGER are:
20. i. HORACE WINFIELD5 MASON, b. March 17, 1909, Wednesday in Carlstadt, NJ; d. September 04, 1993, Saturday @ Gold Point, Wanaksink Lake, Rock Hill, Sullivan County, NY.
21. ii. MARGARET ELIZABETH MASON, b. January 11, 1912, 60 Campbell Ave., Belleville, NJ; d. May 19, 1998, Newark, New Jersey.
22. iii. FREDERICK HUNTER MASON, b. November 18, 1915, 72 Campbell Ave., Belleville, NJ; d. November 18, 1983, France.
iv. HENRY JOHN MASON, JR., b. March 24, 1922, 72 Campbell Ave., Belleville, NJ; d. March 23, 1963, St. Barnabus Hospital, Newark, NJ.
Notes for HENRY JOHN MASON, JR.:
Residence: 72 Campbell Ave.
WW II: Enlisted Army, 10/2/1942. After reporting to Fort Dix, NJ Henry J. was assigned to Camp Robinson, Little Rock, AK for basic training. After a brief furlough in January 1943 he was assigned to a military Port of Embarkation near New Orleans, LA. Frederick Hunter Mason was leaving for the US Army Air Force pilot training at the same time the Henry J. Mason's furlough ended. This was the last time the brothers saw each other until the end of the war in August 1945. Henry J. (Harry) was sent to North Africa via Orangeburg, NY. Harry was given the position of secretary to Colonel Charles Kimbrough, who was commanding officer of the 81st Station Hospital, US Army Medical Corps. From there the outfit was sent to the North African Theater of war and later moved to the Italian theater. They were aboard a troop ship en route to the South Pacific, when it was announced that Japan had surrendered. They were rerouted back to Virginia and home. (notes about Uncle Harry were supplied by Katherine Mason-Ritter)
Died @ St Barnabas Hospital, Newark, NJ, after his 2nd heart operation. Complications after Rheumatic fever as a child.
More about HENRY JOHN MASON, JR.:
Cause of Death: Complications from 2nd Heart Operation
Fact 2: Army Serial # 121-62-566
Medical Information: Calcified Mitral Valve, Died after 2nd operation @ St.Barnabas Hospital, Newark, NJ
23. v. KATHERINE MARIE MASON, b. April 16, 1925, 72 Campbell Ave., Belleville, NJ; d. August 05, 2011, @ 10:30 PM Florida.
24. vi. HELEN AUDREY MASON, b. May 05, 1927, 72 Campbell Ave., Belleville, Essex County, NJ; d. November 11, 2003, Packanack Lake, Wayne, NJ.
Generation No. 5
13. JOHN WILLIAM5 OLIVER (LEWIS GEORGE4 MASON, MARTHA3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born August 08, 1912, and died March 27, 1968. He married AILEEN DORIS FRIEND September 15, 1947.
More about JOHN OLIVER and AILEEN FRIEND:
Marriage: September 15, 1947
Child of JOHN OLIVER and AILEEN FRIEND is:
25. i. BARRY JOHN6 OLIVER.
14. WINIFRED GRACE5 RICH (MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born October 01, 1907 in Croydon, England, and died August 14, 1995 in Worchester, England. She married HAROLD DARK Abt. May 1929 in Worcester, England. He died May 26, 1993.
More about HAROLD DARK and WINIFRED RICH:
Marriage: Abt. May 1929, Worcester, England
Child of WINIFRED RICH and HAROLD DARK is:
26. i. BETTY JOYCE6 DARK, b. January 22, 1931.
15. THOMAS CHARLES5 RICH (MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born March 03, 1909, and died June 11, 1984. He married HELEN.
Children of THOMAS RICH and HELEN are:
i. HEATHER6 RICH.
ii. RONALD EDGAR RICH, b. 1933.
iii. DAWN MAY RICH, b. 1941.
iv. LORRAINE HAZEL RICH, b. 1949.
16. ELSIE MAY5 RICH (MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born June 13, 1911, and died November 01, 1997. She married (1) BERTRAM LOXTON. He died 1941 in World War II. She married (2) ROLAND GODWIN.
Children of ELSIE RICH and BERTRAM LOXTON are:
i. JOHN PHILIP6 LOXTON, b. December 08, 1939; m. PAT.
ii. BARBARA JOY LOXTON, b. April 20, 1943; m. PASLEY.
Child of ELSIE RICH and ROLAND GODWIN is:
27. iii. RICHARD EDWARD6 GODWIN, b. July 25, 1948.
17. GEORGE HORACE5 RICH (MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born July 07, 1913. He married (1) MAGDALEN. He married (2) EVE.
Child of GEORGE RICH and MAGDALEN is:
i. MAGDALEN FAITH6 RICH.
Children of GEORGE RICH and EVE are:
ii. DAVID6 RICH, m. DIANE.
iii. BARBARA RICH.
18. KATHLEEN ANNE5 RICH (MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born August 16, 1914, and died March 30, 1993. She married RICHARD WILD. He died December 1962.
Child of KATHLEEN RICH and RICHARD WILD is:
i. LESLEY MAUREEN6 WILD, b. August 06, 1942; d. April 28, 1995.
19. EDNA JOYCE5 GROSVENOR (MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born August 03, 1926. She married HOWARD REYNOLD HEAD July 30, 1949 in Nowich, R.O.. He was born December 02, 1923 in Raunds, Northants..
Notes for EDNA JOYCE GROSVENOR:
After Joyce's marriage ended in 1969 she met Jack Anthony Lane. Their relationship continued until Tony's death on December 5, 2001 at 4:55AM. Jack Anthony Lane was born on March 27, 1922 in Bristol, England, though he was brought up in Canada from the age of 4. He came back to the UK in 1939 to volunteer for service in the Merchant Navy. After World War II he travelled around the world many times, working in USA, Australia, South Africa, and many other places, before finally returning to live in the UK"
More about EDNA JOYCE GROSVENOR:
1. Baptism: October 08, 1926, Joyce was baptized Edna Joyce Grosvenor at the Chepstow Parish Church
2. Author of the book titled The Sixteenth Child, a long life story
Notes for HOWARD REYNOLD HEAD:
Known as "Eddy" at College because of his surname and it stuck. As related in a letter from Joyce Head, 7/18/1997. Eddie had been a Navigator in the R.A.F. during WW II. He and Joyce met when they were students at Morley Teacher Training College at Wymondham in Norfolk. Eddie eventually became headmaster and Joyce an Art Lecturer. They separated in 1970.
Jack Anthony Lane, an old friend became Joyce's later partner
More about HOWARD REYNOLD HEAD:
More about HOWARD HEAD and EDNA GROSVENOR:
Marriage: July 30, 1949, Nowich, R.O.
Child of EDNA GROSVENOR and HOWARD HEAD is:
i. GREGORY6 HEAD, b. February 13, 1950, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England; m. ELAINE CURTIS, September 1972, Southhampton, England.
More about GREGORY HEAD:
Medical Information: Delivered prematurely by C-section at Great Yarmouth Hospital.
More about ELAINE CURTIS:
More about GREGORY HEAD and ELAINE CURTIS:
Divorce: Abt. 1985
Marriage: September 1972, Southhampton, England
20. HORACE WINFIELD5 MASON (HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born March 17, 1909 in Wednesday in Carlstadt, NJ, and died September 04, 1993 in Saturday @ Gold Point, Wanaksink Lake, Rock Hill, Sullivan County, NY. He married MARIE ELEANOR JAMES October 10, 1936 in "Little Church Around The Corner", New York, NY, daughter of AMBROSE JAMES and MAGDALENE STUCKE. She was born August 28, 1907 in Wednesday in Dunnellen, Somerset County, NJ, and died January 10, 2001 in Wedensday @ Auburn Convelecent Home, Auburn, CA.
Notes for HORACE WINFIELD MASON:
Considered himself to be 100% Irish because he was born on ST. Patrick's Day
More about HORACE WINFIELD MASON:
Cause of Death: Complications from Emphysema
Notes for MARIE ELEANOR JAMES:
1. Sold the Saddle River House, February 1995
2. Moved to Auburn, CA in November of 1995, from Saddle River, NJ
More about MARIE ELEANOR JAMES:
More about HORACE MASON and MARIE JAMES:
Marriage: October 10, 1936, "Little Church Around The Corner", New York, NY
Children of HORACE MASON and MARIE JAMES are:
28. i. JAMES HOLLOWAY6 MASON, b. April 06, 1938, Wednesday in Muhlenberg Hospital, Plainfield, NJ.
29. ii. JONATHAN SCOTT MASON, b. October 09, 1942, Friday, at Hackensack Hospital, Hackensack, Bergen Cty., NJ.
iii. JEFFERY TERRENCE MASON, b. April 22, 1945, Sunday in Hackensack, Bergen County, NJ; m. COLLEEN ROSE HART, June 1970, Upper Saddle River, NJ; b. June 28, 1938, Tuesday in Michigan.
Notes for JEFFERY TERRENCE MASON:
Occupation: Plumber & Real Estate Owner in Greenwich, NY
More about COLLEEN ROSE HART:
Graduation: Ramsey High, Ramsey, NJ
More about JEFFERY MASON and COLLEEN HART:
Marriage: June 1970, Upper Saddle River, NJ
iv. DOUGLAS LEIGH MASON, b. April 09, 1950, Sunday in Hackensack, Bergen County, NJ; m. LINDA BURTON-CROUSE, November 2002, Foresthill, CA.
More about DOUGLAS MASON and LINDA BURTON-CROUSE:
Marriage: November 2002, Foresthill, CA
21. MARGARET ELIZABETH5 MASON (HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born January 11, 1912 in 60 Campbell Ave., Belleville, NJ, and died May 19, 1998 in Newark, New Jersey. She married HAROLD GEORGE FORD Abt. August 1933 in near Belleville, NJ, son of EDWARD FORD and LUCY OLIVER. He was born January 10, 1910 in Woolston, England, and died January 01, 1976 in Belleville, NJ.
More about MARGARET ELIZABETH MASON:
Cause of Death: Massive Heart Attack
Fact 6: Social Security #
More about HAROLD FORD and MARGARET MASON:
Divorce: Abt. 1948, Reno, NV
Marriage: Abt. August 1933, near Belleville, NJ
Children of MARGARET MASON and HAROLD FORD are:
30. i. HAROLD MASON6 FORD, b. September 05, 1933, St. Mary's Hospital, Passaic, NJ.
31. ii. EDWARD GEORGE FORD II, b. October 31, 1935, 235 Linden Ave., Belleville, NJ.
22. FREDERICK HUNTER5 MASON (HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born November 18, 1915 in 72 Campbell Ave., Belleville, NJ, and died November 18, 1983 in France. He married (1) MILDRED SEELEY July 15, 1937 in St. Mary's Parish, Nutley, NJ ????, daughter of FREDERICK P SEELEY. She was born April 19, 1915, and died May 1984. He married (2) EDITH ANNA BATES October 13, 1951 in Paris, France, daughter of CHARLES BATES and ELIZABETH COOKE. She was born February 20, 1917 in New York City, NY.
Notes for FREDERICK HUNTER MASON:
Occupation: Musician and Artist
Residence: Lived in France after WWII
Hunter (Freddy to the "Tiny Angel's" crew) graduated pilot training and received his wings in January 1944. After a post training furlough was sent to Mcdill AFB, Tampa, FL for pilot training in a B-17 Bomber. He was assigned as co-pilot and they named their plane "Tiny Angel" after Freddy's wife, Mildred (source: Ralph Page, planes navigator, June 2003). Upon completion of this training they were sent to Molesworth, England and to the US 8th Air Force, 303 Bomber Group, known as the "Hell's Angels". They were assigned to the 427th Squadron.
En route to England they spent a short time at McGuire AFB in NJ, a port of embarkation. From there he telephoned his parents and told them in code, "Cocter and Dingle" (his childhood imaginary playmates in the sky) would be dropping by the next day, Sunday. He gave a time of around 11:00am to 12:00noon. Exactly at 11:00 am there was a loud roar of airplane motors and the house at 72 Campbell Ave. shook and the windows rattled as if they would break. Mother, Dad, Audrey and Katherine ran outside to see this huge four motored plane going over the house at an extremely low altitude. Katherine Ritter related to the compiler that it was approximately 900 feet. The plane turned off to the left or South and flew down over Fred's house and then headed back North and past his parents home again. They dipped the wings in a salute of good bye and flew off the the Northeast. It was exciting and some emotional moments for Mother, Dad, Audrey and Katherine. Especially for Dad, who was out in the middle of the street waving his white handkerchief while bidding his son God speed.
Hunter was shot down while on his 15th mission on the August 15, 1944 bombing raid on Wiesbaden, Germany. There is a Mural in the Aero Space Museum in Washington, D.C. depicting this bombing raid. Ralph Page and Freddy were POW's together. They first were sent to Stalag 3 and later were repatriated from Stalag 7. According to Ralph Page, some of the "Tiny Angel's" surviving crew including the pilot were murdered by the Germans (source: Ralph Page, June 2003).
Hunter suffered head injuries which caused a cerebral hemorrhage and amnesia. He was in a German hospital while being treated for these injuries. He recovered about 3 to 4 months later and was transferred to Stalag Luft 3 prison camp near the Russian boarder. He was a participant in the famous 30 day march, in January 1945, from Stalag Luft 3 to a prison camp Munich, South Western Germany. Hunter was liberated from that camp on April 29, 1945 by General George Patton 3rd Army.
Some 40 to 45 years later, around 1990 - 1995 I, Katherine Marie Mason-Ritter, made contact with some of the surviving crew members of the "Tiny Angel". I was able to do this by writing to the "Hell's Angels" Historical Society and they published my letter in their newsletter. I received replies almost immediately from these men. The first reply came from the navigator, Ralph Page. I spoke with him by telephone and commented on his navigational accuracy in finding our house the day they left for England. I also mentioned the altitude as being about 1,000 feet, and he said, "No, Katherine, we were down about 800 to 900 feet. The legal low minimum was 1,000 feet. They were lucky some curmudgeon did not report them. I will remember that day for the remainder of my life. Audrey said that she saw some things coming out of the tail of the plane. We found out after the war, that the tail-gunner, John Smalley, had dropped some paper cups with messages on them, but we never found them.
Katherine Marie (nee Mason) Ritter is the source of these recollections
Other information gathered from Ralph Page by Ted Ford, when he met Ralp in June 2003.
More about FREDERICK HUNTER MASON:
Fact 1: Army Serial # 121-65-125
More about FREDERICK MASON and MILDRED SEELEY:
Marriage: July 15, 1937, St. Mary's Parish, Nutley, NJ ????
None-Ending: Abt. 1949
More about EDITH ANNA BATES:
Fact 2: Tel # 011-33-85-596-212
Nickname: Resides in France
More about FREDERICK MASON and EDITH BATES:
Marriage: October 13, 1951, Paris, France
Children of FREDERICK MASON and MILDRED SEELEY are:
32. i. ROBERT FREDERICK6 MASON, b. March 06, 1938.
ii. LORRAINE ELLEN MASON, b. February 16, 1946; d. January 10, 1947, St. Barnnabas Hospital, Newark, NJ.
23. KATHERINE MARIE5 MASON (HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born April 16, 1925 in 72 Campbell Ave., Belleville, NJ, and died August 05, 2011 in @ 10:30 PM Florida. She married EDUARDO RITTER~AISLÁN February 15, 1958 in St. Mary's Church, Nutley, NJ. He was born September 11, 1916 in Panama City, Republic of Panama, and died June 11, 2006.
More About EDUARDO RITTER~AISLÁN:
Degree: Doctor in Philosophy at the Javeriana University of Bogota, Columbia
Occupation: Diplomat, Journalist, Writer, Poet, Professor of Philosophy
More about EDUARDO RITTER~AISLÁN and KATHERINE MASON:
Divorce: Abt. January 1983, Panama City, Republic of Panama
Marriage: February 15, 1958, St. Mary's Church, Nutley, NJ
Children of KATHERINE MASON and EDUARDO RITTER~AISLÁN are:
i. GLORIA KATHERINE6 RITTER, b. June 01, 1959, Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, Bergen County, NJ; m. (1) GLENN MORRIS HAKE, November 09, 1978, Rockville, Maryland; b. September 03, 1949, Maryland; m. (2) HARRY EDWARD BARSH II, April 14, 1994, Arlington, Virginia; b. July 14, 1930, Columbia, Richard County, South Carolina; m. (3) BIRKETT W. GIBSON, October 27, 2007, Ohio; b. June 1950.
More about GLORIA KATHERINE RITTER:
Occupation: Organizing Consultant
More about GLENN HAKE and GLORIA RITTER:
Divorce: September 1981, Alexandria, VA
Marriage: November 09, 1978, Rockville, Maryland
More about HARRY EDWARD BARSH II:
Occupation: Attorney, Lobbyist,Consultant
More about HARRY BARSH and GLORIA RITTER:
Marriage: April 14, 1994, Arlington, Virginia
More about BIRKETT GIBSON and GLORIA RITTER:
Marriage: October 27, 2007, Ohio
33. ii. MARCOS EDUARDO RITTER, b. July 13, 1961, La Clinica Palermo, Bogota, Colombia, SA.
24. HELEN AUDREY5 MASON (HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born May 05, 1927 in 72 Campbell Ave., Belleville, Essex County, NJ, and died November 11, 2003 in Packanack Lake, Wayne, NJ. She married JOHN DONALD GIBSON September 10, 1949 in 72 Campbell Ave, Belleville, Essex County, NJ, son of JOHN GIBSON and MYNETTE GARLAND. He was born May 31, 1917 in Belleville, Essex County, NJ, and died September 06, 1968 in Packanack Lake, Wayne, NJ.
Notes for HELEN AUDREY MASON:
Obituary of Helen Audrey Gibson
Helen M. [Audrey] Gibson (nee Mason) age 76 of the Packanack Lake section of Wayne died Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at the Hospice at Saint Joseph's Wayne Hospital. She was surrounded by her loving family.
She was born Helen Audrey Mason in Belleville and had lived there before moving to Wayne fifty-two years ago.
She was a parishioner of the Immaculate Heart of Mary RC Church in Wayne where she served as a School Mom, an organizer of Craft and White Elephant Sales to benefit the school.
Audrey received her formal education at Saint Mary's Grammar School in Nutley graduating with the Class of 1940 and then at Belleville High School graduating with the Class of 1944.
Audrey was a secretary at Bell telephone in Newark. Upon her marriage she became a housewife then a Mom. In 1968,she returned to the work force with many jobs. Most notable was Home Health Aide and Recreation Department Staff at Llanfair House and Alps Manor health care facilities in Wayne. Later as a Retail Salesperson at Fortunoff's Department Store in Wayne's West Belt Mall before her retirement in 1992.
Audrey had a special gift of personality. Her soft smile and winning ways caused others to like her. Even though life was a rugged road at times she would turn much adversity to a positive. This trait in her personality caused others to admire, love her and call her friend. Even when she was in the depth of difficulty she was always trying to bring joy to others. She was a very special lady indeed.
Some of her families' fondest memories center on their Mother's love for them. On a regular basis for many years from April to October they went as a family to the River Beach Camp Ground in Milford, Pennsylvania. At the camp ground they developed many friendships and enjoyed swimming, hiking, fishing and just plain having a lot of fun.
Audrey was truly a dedicated Mother. When her husband Don died suddenly and unexpectedly in 1968 she took over the roll of being both Mother and Father in the family. She filled that additional responsibility with gusto and her children especially cherish the memory of the effort she put forth in their best interest. She was a Cheering Mom for her sons Baseball and Football games and as a Girl Scout Mom teaching sewing and knitting.
She was a member of the Harmony Singers of Wayne and soloist in 1975 and 1976.
She had many craft hobbies and would use her skills in that area to make products to benefit local fund raisers, as well as supplement her own income.
Audrey also became Mrs. Santa Claus at Fortunoffs Department Store a roll that made her very happy and delighted her audience. She also donated her time to visit children and she played Santa for kids and at nursing homes dressed as Santa and in this roll she cheered up everyone. She was especially good a producing a deep male voice.
She was a former member of the Lakeland COPO and was a Founding Member 1971 and Past President having served in 1971 of [COPO] Catholic One Parent Organization that used to meet in Neil's Restaurant in Riverdale.
She served the community and was elected Democratic Passaic County Committeewoman in June 1972 and 1973 in the First District in the Third Ward in Wayne.
For many years, she volunteered at the Packanack Community Church "My Brother's Keeper Program" making quilted sleeping bags and Crotched hats as a service to the homeless.
Surviving are one daughter Katherine E. Gibson of Wayne, three sons David Bruce Gibson of Knoxville, Tennessee, Jack Donald Gibson Jr. of Nelsonia, Virginia, Tim Edward Gibson and his wife Judy of Highland Lakes; two Grandchildren Brian Patrick Gibson and James Christopher Gibson; one sister Katherine Ritter of Cooper City, Florida;
She married John Donald Gibson on September 10, 1949 and had nineteen years of wonderful marriage before he suddenly and unexpectedly predeceased her in 1968. A memorial service was held,
Saturday, November 22, 2003 at the Vander May Wayne Colonial Funeral Home, 567 Ratzer Road, Wayne.
In lieu of flowers memorial donations in Helen's "Audrey's" memory to the Eastern Christian Children's Retreat, 700 Mountain Ave, Wyckoff, NJ 07481 or the Wayne Animal Shelter, P.O. Box 3701, Wayne, NJ 07470 would be appreciated.
More about HELEN AUDREY MASON:
Burial: Clifton, NJ
More about JOHN DONALD GIBSON:
Burial: Clifton, NJ
More about JOHN GIBSON and HELEN MASON:
Marriage: September 10, 1949, 72 Campbell Ave, Belleville, Essex County, NJ
Children of HELEN MASON and JOHN GIBSON are:
i. DAVID BRUCE6 GIBSON, b. November 04, 1950.
ii. JOHN DONALD GIBSON JR., b. December 14, 1952; m. MARTHA JEAN ROMANO; b. May 16, 1952.
34. iii. TIMOTHY EDWARD GIBSON, b. February 23, 1957.
iv. KATHERINE ELIZABETH GIBSON, b. June 28, 1960.
Generation No. 6
25. BARRY JOHN6 OLIVER (JOHN WILLIAM5, LEWIS GEORGE4 MASON, MARTHA3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) He married LINDA JANE HARRIS.
Children of BARRY OLIVER and LINDA HARRIS are:
i. JOHN WILLIAM7 OLIVER.
ii. JANE ELIZABETH OLIVER.
26. BETTY JOYCE6 DARK (WINIFRED GRACE5 RICH, MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born January 22, 1931. She married (1) JOHN EDWARD BROWN September 06, 1952 in Worcester, England. He was born March 06, 1929 in London, England. She married (2) IVOR CHARLES TEAGUE March 18, 1963 in Worcester, England. He was born January 04, 1940 in Worcester, England.
More about JOHN BROWN and BETTY DARK:
Marriage: September 06, 1952, Worcester, England
More about IVOR TEAGUE and BETTY DARK:
Marriage: March 18, 1963, Worcester, England
Children of BETTY DARK and JOHN BROWN are:
35. i. DAVID JOHN7 BROWN, b. August 12, 1956.
36. ii. JACQUELINE ANNE BROWN, b. June 24, 1958.
Child of BETTY DARK and IVOR TEAGUE is:
37. iii. KAREN JAYNE7 TEAGUE, b. January 01, 1966, Worchester, England.
27. RICHARD EDWARD6 GODWIN (ELSIE MAY5 RICH, MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born July 25, 1948. He married PAULINE.
Children of RICHARD GODWIN and PAULINE are:
i. SIMON7 GODWIN, m. KAREN SEE.
ii. MERRILL GODWIN, m. MICHAEL FLYNN.
38. iii. STEPHANIE GODWIN.
28. JAMES HOLLOWAY6 MASON (HORACE WINFIELD5, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born April 06, 1938 in Wednesday in Muhlenberg Hospital, Plainfield, NJ. He married LOIS ANN COSTA May 04, 1963 in Paramus, NJ, daughter of WILLIAM COSTA and REBECCA SCHEUREN. She was born February 03, 1936, and died August 1998.
Notes for JAMES HOLLOWAY MASON:
Jim had a stroke on December 24 2009 in Easton, PA
More about JAMES HOLLOWAY MASON:
Military service: United States Air Force
More about JAMES MASON and LOIS COSTA:
Divorce: Abt. 1973, Monticello, NY
Marriage: May 04, 1963, Paramus, NJ
Children of JAMES MASON and LOIS COSTA are:
39. i. LISA JENNIFER7 MASON, b. February 25, 1970, Hackensack, New Jersey.
ii. WILLIAM WINFIELD MASON, b. February 17, 1973, Flemington, New Jersey; m. DEBORAH.
More about WILLIAM WINFIELD MASON:
Military service: US Navy Submariner
29. JONATHAN SCOTT6 MASON (HORACE WINFIELD5, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born October 09, 1942 in Friday, at Hackensack Hospital, Hackensack, Bergen Cty., NJ. He married (1) MARIE CONCETTA GUINTA May 15, 1965 in Upper Saddle River, Bergen County, NJ, daughter of CATALDO GUINTA and FILOMENA RAUCCI. She was born January 15, 1943 in NYC, NY. He married (2) LOIS ELAINE MCINTYRE March 02, 1979 in Carson City, Carson County, NV, daughter of HOWARD MCINTYRE and FRANCES NEUHAUSER. She was born December 18, 1944 in Thursday @ 3:56 AM, Dr. Gatwals, Phoenixville, Chester County, PA.
Notes for JONATHAN SCOTT MASON:
1. Employment: GE Lighting, 11 years, 1966-1977
AMP Inc., 20 years, 1977-1998
More about JONATHAN SCOTT MASON:
Medical Information: 1963 ~ Coarctation of the Aorta, operation performed @ Baylor Medical Center, Houston, TX
More about JONATHAN MASON and MARIE GUINTA:
Divorce: February 1979, Hackettstown, Warren County, NJ
Marriage: May 15, 1965, Upper Saddle River, Bergen County, NJ
Notes for LOIS ELAINE MCINTYRE:
1. Employed 30 years with GE Lighting. Retired in 2000.
More about LOIS ELAINE MCINTYRE:
Medical Information: Birth Certificate # 399Filed in Harrisburg, PA
More about JONATHAN MASON and LOIS MCINTYRE:
Marriage: March 02, 1979, Carson City, Carson County, NV
Children of JONATHAN MASON and MARIE GUINTA are:
i. JONATHAN SCOTT7 MASON II, b. March 27, 1970, Jersey City, Hudson County, NJ; Adopted child.
Notes for JONATHAN SCOTT MASON II:
Graduated UC Davis, Sunday, June 16, 1996 (Fathers Day)
40. ii. CRAIG STEVEN MASON, b. September 01, 1971, Newton Hospital, Newton, NJ/Newton, Sussex Co., NJ.
30. HAROLD MASON6 FORD (MARGARET ELIZABETH5 MASON, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born September 05, 1933 in St. Mary's Hospital, Passaic, NJ. He married SONJA MERCEDES CAJAR-JAEN December 29, 1956 in Our Lady of Good Counsel, Newark, NJ, daughter of JOSE CAJAR and HERSILIA JAEN-LOPEZ. She was born September 01, 1932 in Panama City, Republic of Panama.
More about HAROLD FORD and SONJA CAJAR-JAEN:
Marriage: December 29, 1956, Our Lady of Good Counsel, Newark, NJ
Children of HAROLD FORD and SONJA CAJAR-JAEN are:
41. i. BETZABE DEL CARMEN7 FORD, b. February 23, 1953; Adopted child.
ii. STEVEN JOSEPH FORD, b. July 24, 1959.
iii. SANDRA LEE FORD, b. July 17, 1961, Panama City, Panama; m. TRAVIS LUECKE, July 05, 1997, Kinnelon, NJ; b. November 03.
Notes for TRAVIS LUECKE:
Originally from Lindsay, CA, which is South of Fresno, CA
More about TRAVIS LUECKE and SANDRA FORD:
Marriage: July 05, 1997, Kinnelon, NJ
42. iv. ROGER FRANCIS FORD, b. January 16, 1965, Claramaas Hospital, Belleville, NJ.
31. EDWARD GEORGE6 FORD II (MARGARET ELIZABETH5 MASON, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born October 31, 1935 in 235 Linden Ave., Belleville, NJ. He married ELIZABETH MCWILLIAMS August 24, 1957 in Vincent Methodist, Nutley, NJ. She was born August 20, 1938 in Kearney, NJ.
Notes for EDWARD GEORGE FORD II:
Ted Ford was delivered into this world by his grandmother, Katherine Elizabeth Yeager Mason, because the doctor did not arrive on time. The noteworthy bit of information was contributed by Katherine Marie Mason Ritter
More about EDWARD FORD and ELIZABETH MCWILLIAMS:
Marriage: August 24, 1957, Vincent Methodist, Nutley, NJ
Children of EDWARD FORD and ELIZABETH MCWILLIAMS are:
43. i. PATRICIA LEE7 FORD, b. May 28, 1958, Clara Maas Hospital, Belleville, NJ.
ii. JEFFREY THOMAS FORD, b. March 17, 1961, Clara Maas Hospital, Belleville, NJ; d. April 27, 1983, Mountainside Hospital, Montclair, NJ.
iii. SUSAN LYNN FORD, b. September 13, 1962, Alexander Lind Hospital, Sussex, NJ; m. MARK DONCHE, June 15, 1985.
More about MARK DONCHE and SUSAN FORD:
Divorce: September 10, 1987
Marriage: June 15, 1985
32. ROBERT FREDERICK6 MASON (FREDERICK HUNTER5, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born March 06, 1938. He married GLADYS ANDREWS. She was born October 25, 1934, and died January 24, 1986.
Children of ROBERT MASON and GLADYS ANDREWS are:
44. i. SUZANNE ELLEN7 MASON, b. June 10, 1965.
45. ii. ROBERT FRANCIS MASON, b. February 28, 1967.
33. MARCOS EDUARDO6 RITTER (KATHERINE MARIE5 MASON, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born July 13, 1961 in La Clinica Palermo, Bogota, Colombia, SA. He married HUNNEE KLEIN April 01, 1994 in Florida, daughter of EDWARD KLEIN and ADRIANNE. She was born April 07, 1959 in Florida.
More about MARCOS RITTER and HUNNEE KLEIN:
Marriage: April 01, 1994, Florida
Child of MARCOS RITTER and HUNNEE KLEIN is:
i. ALEXANDRA RAQUEL7 RITTER, b. July 29, 1996, Pembroke Pines Hospital, Pembroke Pines, FL.
More about ALEXANDRA RAQUEL RITTER:
Fact 1: Weight at Birth: 6Lbs. 3 Oz. Time: 12:45
34. TIMOTHY EDWARD6 GIBSON (HELEN AUDREY5 MASON, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born February 23, 1957. He married JUDITH ANN GREEN June 01, 1985, daughter of FRANCIS GREEN and DOROTHY DEMYAN. She was born October 15, 1957.
More about TIMOTHY GIBSON and JUDITH GREEN:
Marriage: June 01, 1985
Children of TIMOTHY GIBSON and JUDITH GREEN are:
i. BRIAN PATRICK7 GIBSON, b. July 22, 1987, Pequonnock, NJ.
ii. JAMES CHRISTOPHER GIBSON, b. October 11, 1989, Pequonnock, NJ.
Generation No. 7
35. DAVID JOHN7 BROWN (BETTY JOYCE6 DARK, WINIFRED GRACE5 RICH, MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born August 12, 1956. He married LEE NGAN KWAN (CONNIE).
Child of DAVID BROWN and LEE (CONNIE) is:
i. DANIEL8 BROWN.
36. JACQUELINE ANNE7 BROWN (BETTY JOYCE6 DARK, WINIFRED GRACE5 RICH, MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born June 24, 1958. She married PHILIP HINTON Abt. 1985.
More about PHILIP HINTON and JACQUELINE BROWN:
Marriage: Abt. 1985
Children of JACQUELINE BROWN and PHILIP HINTON are:
i. THOMAS JAMES8 HINTON, b. September 12, 1986.
ii. FREYA MARIE HINTON, b. May 24, 1990.
37. KAREN JAYNE7 TEAGUE (BETTY JOYCE6 DARK, WINIFRED GRACE5 RICH, MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born January 01, 1966 in Worchester, England. She met ALLAN WILLIAMS. He was born July 24, 1965 in Bristol, England.
Child of KAREN TEAGUE and ALLAN WILLIAMS is:
i. TEILO8 TEAGUE-WILLIAMS, b. September 12, 1989, Worchester, England.
38. STEPHANIE7 GODWIN (RICHARD EDWARD6, ELSIE MAY5 RICH, MARTHA LOUISA4 OLIVER, MARTHA3 MASON, GEORGE2, HENRY1) She married IAN WEEKS.
Children of STEPHANIE GODWIN and IAN WEEKS are:
i. SAMUEL JOSEPH8 WEEKS.
ii. HANNAH MARIS WEEKS.
39. LISA JENNIFER7 MASON (JAMES HOLLOWAY6, HORACE WINFIELD5, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born February 25, 1970 in Hackensack, New Jersey. She married (1) ERIC VALINTINE. She married (2) GEORGE JAY WOOD September 17, 1994 in Monticello, New York, son of GEORGE WOOD and JENNELLE CAMPION. He was born July 23, 1965 in Monticello, NY.
Notes for GEORGE JAY WOOD:
George is employed by the New York State Department of Corrections since 1987
More about GEORGE WOOD and LISA MASON:
Marriage: September 17, 1994, Monticello, New York
Child of LISA MASON and ERIC VALINTINE is:
i. KEVIN CHAD8 VALINTINE, b. October 29, 1992.
40. CRAIG STEVEN7 MASON (JONATHAN SCOTT6, HORACE WINFIELD5, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born September 01, 1971 in Newton Hospital, Newton, NJ/Newton, Sussex Co., NJ. He met CRYSTLE MARIE HENDERSON, daughter of DAVID HENDERSON and NANNETTE TRAIL. She was born January 26, 1981 in Susanville, CA.
Children of CRAIG MASON and CRYSTLE HENDERSON are:
i. CORT HENDERSON8 MASON, b. January 20, 2001, Roseville, CA.
ii. CADE LOGAN MASON, b. March 28, 2003, Sutter Medical Center, Roseville, CA.
Notes for CADE LOGAN MASON:
Cade Logan was born at 5:37 AM, measuring 21 inches long & weighed 9 Lbs. 1 Oz at birth.
41. BETZABE DEL CARMEN7 FORD (HAROLD MASON6, MARGARET ELIZABETH5 MASON, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born February 23, 1953. She married (1) DAVID BOZMAN 1978 in Keflavik, Iceland. He was born in Columbus, Ohio. She married (2) ERNESTO HERRERO May 25, 2002 in Leon, Nicaragua. He was born February 17, 1976 in Guantanamo, Cuba.
Notes for BETZABE DEL CARMEN FORD:
Ana and Ernesto met at the US Naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
More about BETZABE DEL CARMEN FORD:
Adoption: Adopted by Mason Ford.
Fact 1: 1998, Changed name to Ana Katherine
More about DAVID BOZMAN and BETZABE FORD:
Divorce: July 1984
Marriage: 1978, Keflavik, Iceland
More about ERNESTO HERRERO and BETZABE FORD:
Marriage: May 25, 2002, Leon, Nicaragua
Child of BETZABE FORD and DAVID BOZMAN is:
46. i. NOELLE REGINA8 FORD-BOZMAN, b. December 25, 1980, Navy Regional Medical Center, Jacksonville, FL.
42. ROGER FRANCIS7 FORD (HAROLD MASON6, MARGARET ELIZABETH5 MASON, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born January 16, 1965 in Claramaas Hospital, Belleville, NJ. He married PATRICIA ANN WIENER March 20, 1993 in Delran, NJ, daughter of ROBERT WIENER and KATHLEEN WHITE. She was born March 19, 1966.
More about ROGER FORD and PATRICIA WIENER:
Marriage: March 20, 1993, Delran, NJ
Children of ROGER FORD and PATRICIA WIENER are:
i. JULIE MARIE8 FORD, b. July 21, 1998.
Notes for JULIE MARIE FORD:
1. Birth Notes: 7lbs. 12oz. 21" - delivered by C-section (Information from Sonia Ford)
ii. KEVIN JOSEPH FORD, b. July 31, 2001.
Notes for KEVIN JOSEPH FORD:
1. Birth Notes: Birth weight: 9lbs. 1-1/2 oz., 21 inches and was also delivered by C-section.
43. PATRICIA LEE7 FORD (EDWARD GEORGE6, MARGARET ELIZABETH5 MASON, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born May 28, 1958 in Clara Maas Hospital, Belleville, NJ. She married CHARLES E. OGDEN January 15, 1977 in SMethodist Church, Sparta, NJ, son of EDWIN OGDEN and JOAN BOITANO. He was born November 23, 1948 in Newton Hospital, Newton, NJ.
More about CHARLES OGDEN and PATRICIA FORD:
Marriage: January 15, 1977, Methodist Church, Sparta, NJ
Children of PATRICIA FORD and CHARLES OGDEN are:
i. SEAN MICHAEL8 OGDEN, b. May 09, 1978.
ii. JASON THOMAS OGDEN, b. January 26, 1981; m. AMANDA.
44. SUZANNE ELLEN7 MASON (ROBERT FREDERICK6, FREDERICK HUNTER5, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born June 10, 1965. She married (1) DOUGLAS R. WALKER. He was born June 1953. She married (2) STEVE GWOZDECKE June 25, 1995.
More about STEVE GWOZDECKE and SUZANNE MASON:
Marriage: June 25, 1995
Children of SUZANNE MASON and STEVE GWOZDECKE are:
i. MATTHEW STEVEN8 GWOZDECKE, b. November 30, 1997.
ii. JESSICA GWOZDECKE.
45. ROBERT FRANCIS7 MASON (ROBERT FREDERICK6, FREDERICK HUNTER5, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born February 28, 1967. He married CLORINDA.
Notes for ROBERT FRANCIS MASON:
Robert is a police Captain in Randolph Township, NJ
Child of ROBERT MASON and CLORINDA is:
i. ETHAN ROBERT8 MASON, b. February 12, 2002.
Generation No. 8
46. NOELLE REGINA8 FORD-BOZMAN (BETZABE DEL CARMEN7 FORD, HAROLD MASON6, MARGARET ELIZABETH5 MASON, HENRY JOHN4, SARAH3, GEORGE2, HENRY1) was born December 25, 1980 in Navy Regional Medical Center, Jacksonville, FL. She met PATRICK SEAN MCKEON.
Notes for NOELLE REGINA FORD-BOZMAN:
Noelle is the daughter of Ana K. Ford Herrera, [Betsibe]. Mason and Sonia Ford's
oldest daughter. She is Sonia's daughter and was adopted by Mason which makes
Noelle, Mason Ford's granddaughter. This information was contributed by Katherine Ritter on 07/26/02.
Children of NOELLE FORD-BOZMAN and PATRICK MCKEON are:
i. QUINN PATRICK9 MCKEON, b. July 26, 2004; d. July 28, 2004.
ii. CAMERON DAVID MCKEON, b. July 26, 2004, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH; d. July 27, 2004.